Described as having a ‘full metal jacket’ the Saltist multipliers do indeed benefit from an all metal construction, rigid one-piece aluminum frame and side plates. Designed to withstand the heavy loads of today’s super braids, Saltist reels deliver true workhorse levels of power and durability.
The combination of rigid drive train support and precisely designed gear ratios give these reels a serious advantage in both torque and speed. They not only pull in over a yard of line with every handle turn, winding power is up to 30% greater than similar reels. Four ball bearings and a roller bearing add efficiency to the drive train support, with Daiwa’s special CRBB Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings supporting the spool. However the Saltist reels are not reserved for downtiding alone. Fitted with centrifugal brakes each reel is ideal for uptiding and powerful shore work.
The drag is also beefed up, combining stainless and grease impregnated fibre
washers in a wet system that delivers up to 22% greater drag max than similar reels. The range includes three Super High Speed versions, retrieving at 6.4:1,
recovering almost 1.2m per handle turn.
• Rugged, all metal construction with a rigid one-piece aluminium frame
• Four ball bearings and one roller bearing
• CRBB shielded bearing on spool
• Powerful high strength alloy gears
• Up to 30% greater winding power
• Combined steel and grease impregnated fibre disc drag with up to 22% more limit
• Dual anti-reverse system
• Dual position power handle
• Aluminium rod clamp